Bio Base NWE offers access to Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant. A cutting-edge pilot facility that enable SMEs from North West Europe to test and develop innovative biobased products and processes.
Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant is an independent, state-of-the-art pilot plant that operates from a laboratory level to a multi-ton scale. A wide and flexible spectrum of modular unit operations enables us to translate your biobased lab protocol into a viable industrial process.
Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant focuses on conversion of biomass (a.o. agricultural crops and by-products, industrial sidestreams) into biochemicals, biomaterials, biofuels and other bioproducts.
Seven reasons to consider a team-up with Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant:
- One-Stop-Shop: Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant performs the entire production chain in one single plant, from biomass feedstock up to final refined products. We carry out biomass pretreatment, biocatalysis, green chemistry, fermentation, biorefining and downstream purification processes utilising a wide spectrum of modular unit operations.
- Scaling power: Our unique set of equipment and infrastructure allows us to perform bioprocesses at kilogram to multi ton scale.
- Flexibility: We flexibly build-up process lines and design the project outline, from process development over scale-up to custom manufacturing, to your needs.
- Independence: Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant is an independent company. We have no industrial shareholders and always operate in full confidentiality.
- Save time and money: Scale up-is our core business! Our team of engineers, operators and technicians combines decades of experience and technological know-how and guarantees a fast and efficient scale-up.
- Transparency: A close communication throughout the project and your presence at our facilities during the pilot trials ensure a seamless technology transfer in both directions. The experience gained is yours!
- Easy access: Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant is easily accessible as it is located at the very heart of the Ghent Bio-Economy Valley, in the Port of Ghent in Belgium.
Innovation Coupons worth up to €30.000 to assess the feasibility of an innovative biobased idea.
Apply for a Coupon