Bio Base NWE will:
- Identify and represent the needs and opportunities of SMEs in the implementation of the new EU Bio-Economy Strategy actions for competitiveness and market development.
- Strengthen transnational and regional policy interaction, stakeholder engagement and define a transnational action plan for future biobased cooperation initiatives.
To identify the needs of and opportunities for SMEs, Bio Base NWE will:
- (2013) Launch a questionnaire among European SMEs to indentify needs of and hurdles for SMEs.
- (2014) The results of this questionnaire will be analysed and completed by a set of roundtable meetings.
- (2015) An implementation plan based on the outcome will be written and implementation will start.
One of the actions of the EU Strategy is to create a public-private-partnership (PPP) for biobased industries in Europe to enhance competitiveness and market development, the Bio-Based Industries Initiative. Partner Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant is currently one of the initiators of this PPP. The Bio Base NWE project will provide a channel for the SMEs of North West Europe to get a representation in the Bio-Based Industries Initiative.